Booted off of linden house while taking care of babies and now babies are missing, How do i get them

MinetteCalvino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My partner and I were booted out of our linden home while taking care of out babies. When we were finally able to tp home, our babies were missing and have not returned to our inventory. So we bought a baby retrival system and when we click it, says there are no babies to be found. I would like my children back. How do i get them? This is the fault of LL. If i cannot get the babies back i  would at least like my linden that i paid for them back so we can get more.They are nowhere to be found in the house or the land at all. We have tried everything. When the land was doing maintinance it poofed our children. Also, there was no warning that this was going to happen, not at the log in or a notice sent in world either. I would not be so upset, but my partner and I are also together in rl, and i am not able to have children in rl, so we have them here. Would appreciate an answer or some one contact me on how to resolve this please, thanks.

2 answers to this question

I'm sorry to hear of this infanticide.  No Copy items are always quite vulnerable when a region has problems or is taken off line for maintenance.  LL will not, I'm afraid, issue you a replacement or a refund.  You could contact the creator, explain the problem, and politely request a replacement.  If you are lucky, they'll send you one, but they are not required to do this.

The missing babies might return in a day or so.  You might also look at the 0,0,0 corner of the sim.  Missing objects often congregate there.

But I have still another suggestion.  Playing with prim babies is a lot more like playing with dolls than with real babies, in my opinion.  As a childless couple, you may get more satisfaction out of adopting a child avatar.  It's important to find the right one if your family is to succeed, and it may take several tries.  But to me anyway, interacting with a child who is a real person is a lot more interesting than clicking one's mouse on a prim doll.

• Like 2

Just to add to Lindal's great answer...

LL usually rolls out server updates and reboots all sims on Tuesdays for regular sims or Wednesdays for Release Candidate sims.  They do notify people on the SL Grid Status page and they post a notice in the Technical forum.  It is your responsibility to look for these notices.  When a sim is restarted there is always a five minute warning that flashes on your screen in the form of a toast popup and periodically after that.  If you don't leave the sim, you are logged out.  On the day your sim is scheduled for restart, you should put your babies away to avoid what happened to you, or at least watch for sim restart notices.

The only time there is no warning at all is if a sim crashes.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.