Scammed on MP - What can I do?

Katja Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone,

I bought a $2000L mesh head for the first time, only to discover when it arrived that it's a simple prim box with nothing inside - not the head, not the textures they advertised. I'm obviousy quite upset; my question is, apart from flagging the item, is there any way I can get my money back?

2 answers to this question

You can also leave a review warning others but scammers just relist to get rid of the review. 

You can AR them. If enough people AR them, LL might do something or other, but I would not expect you to get your money back, though I suppose it is possible.

Keep in mind that this is less than $10, that most people in SL at some point wind up losing money, often much more than $10.  If losing money upsets you a lot, you might rethink continuing to spend money in SL.

ETA: People sometimes claim a box they bought from me is empty, but if they give it more time to load they can then see the contents is there (tho sometimes not before I go out and look in the box myself and confirm, yep, all there, look again). 

• Like 1

You are a victim of "The Empty Box Scam."  People create a new account, set up a Marketplace store, and advertise expensive items for sale, often stealing the advertising from another creator's store.  The clue to this type of scam is that the seller has a very new account, and has no store in-world.  Avoid buying expensive things from such Marketplace vendors!

Yes, Abuse Report the seller, post a negative review on the Marketplace, and Flag the item as "inappropriate."

I'm sorry, you most likely will not be able to get your money back.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.