Deploys for the week of 2014-12-01

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

No deploys are scheduled for the main channel this week.

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

BlueSteel is getting a new server maintenance project, which includes some minor improvements.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/14#14.11.21.296988

Scheduled Wednesday 2014-12-03 07:00-10:30 PST

Second Life RC LeTigre:

LeTigre is moving onto the same project as BlueSteel.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/14#14.11.21.296988

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is moving onto the same project as BlueSteel and LeTigre.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/14#14.11.21.296988

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

Filed a JIRA about the last LeTigre update, a ban list deleted and prims moved in Lapara.

This server update has shifted a lot of prims down, sideways, and up at my station (238,8,100), and now I see a truck floating 2 feet off of the ground as well (109,51,90).  Possible glitch or very werid side effects of the restart.

The weekend is starting, and with it all the usual problems. How much is down to what, I don't know, though I think I can rule out the lack of a main-channel restart. One MC region I know is being plagued by horrible lag, especially huge delays to object rezzing and outfit changes, but it restarted several times on Wednesday. Teleports are so unreliable that I could use them instead of trying to quit the viewer. And I am getting nervous about just which avatar I will see when I log in again.

Maybe that is why there are all those naked guys standing immobile with attachments of unusual size. They're not ignoring me, they're not seeing anything yet.

Maybe the load will have slackened when The Hobbit is in the cinemas next weekend.

Why is it that, before all the improvements, SL was coping with more people connected? Is all this stuff really an improvement? Based on the last six months, I am not convinced.

Arabella

Your issue is not isolated and I strongly suspect it is again down to poor performance from LL's new partner in the Content Delivery Network.  This issue is widespread and needs someone at LL to take a firm hand with their partners.

OK, so I can dream? :smileyfrustrated:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.