Can't log in/Time out/etc.

Averager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now I have encountered into poor experience with SL viewer. In recent hour rapidly increased login failures, attempts, if get in, soon timeouts, content loads slowly (on 30/10 connection) etc. This renders the usability and experience to near zero. It is difficult to do and create anything. Everything else thanSL works lightning fast. I did not find that there is any server maintenance things?

EDIT: (edited ‎12-24-2014 11:10 PM )

Just now tested my own connection at Speedtest.net:

Ping: 10ms

Download speed: 31.52 Mbps

Upload speed:12.82 Mbps

EDIT2

: Was able to login for about couple of minutes, then came error:

"Darn. You have been logged out of Second Life

This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check

your connection to the internet"

At least moments ago I got good results, so the connection problem cannot be the reason. It have been extremely reliable 24/7

EDIT3: It seems that I have found (more) stable connection with Firestorm. I need to learn to use it efficiently. If this one stays without the mentioned problems and SL viewer not, I may change my main viewer.

Thank You for replying so fast, Chase01! :) We seem to have exactly similar problem.

This makes me to the following predictions  for near future days:

1) Much likely these problems will exist, because of the Christmas Holidays. I doubt that there will be much of staff around, so the mentioned problems may exist.

2) If my 1) is guessed right, I may concentrate on own standalone simulation, where I can do much of development even if my own connection would fail.

3) Disadvantage is that I can't review, how my development/research works on SL, for that content, like Avatar-related ones and everything else cannot be run on local computer, so I have to do much of various guesses. Also redo many things, for the SL servers may most likely get down, so I ccan't view my stuff. :/

So, shorlty the holidays may go with the local simulation research. :) and :(

Additional ways to try turnaround/research on the problem:

1) SLiteChat - using this small handy program You can login with the smallest bandwidth, when it is only IM-based chat without any graphics. That may make possible to connect with SL friends, or send them messages, even they are not online.

Remember to add " resident" after Your official login name, like my one would be "averager resident"

2) I encountered into this problem with SL Viewer, so it may also be the issue. Could one related reason be that it crashes on EVERY single update, that the update have to load from downloads page. That autoupdate thing just have failed every time. It might require uninstall-install-reboot etc. maybe.

3.) Now I give a try for Firestorm and it was able to login fast. I can't yet say, will that stay online. Also SLiteChat worked. Finding best alternative may be worth of research/try, or if these fails, then I head on standalone play.

EDIT: When this appeared now to be annoying thing, I may concentrate on solving, if the problem is in SL viewer, so this takes its time to ensure. I concentrate on alternative viewers first, if the stability issue can be avoided with those. If they seem to have stable, then trying again SL viewer and if that still fails with SL related, like logins/lags/etc. then it is much like the time to change the main viewer to some alternative.

It seems to be same here. I had Firestorm viewer on for several hours and that was stable. Then I opened SL Viewer, does that work, and it seems that the problem have mostly vanished. 1,5 hours with SL viewer now and it works somewhat similarly as before. I agree with You with this problem, it seems to have solved just by waiting... :D

Averager wrote:

<snip>

Just now tested my own connection at Speedtest.net:

Ping: 10ms

</snip>

Where are you testing to?

The servers are located somewhere around Tucson AZ.

Speedtest.net lists Tempe as about the closest to Tucson.

A fast connection is not the same as a good connection.

What's your packet loss?

You'd have to be living next door to the SL Servers to get 10ms if that is where you are testing to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.