blender 2.59 Joint Issue. Anyway to solve this issue?

Sunny Amethyst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In blender 2.59: Object -> Apply -> Rotation&Scale

As i mentioned, i would check it but i do not guarantee that this is the solution to  your issue.

Regarding Blender 2.49b (or Jass): What exactly does not work for you ? Blender 2.49b should still work fine and as far as i know it still has the most robust Collada exporter of the blender family... If you get script errors during export then check

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/?qa_faqs=nonetype-object-has-no-attribute-name-collada-export-2-49b

• Like 1

Well, on 2.49 JASS Pro version, exporting is just fine. i dont get any error while export it. but the isse is start from SL uploader. when i upload the Dae that from 2.49b, Sl uploader dosent allow me to check skin weight. so 2.49 is become useless cause i cant make full avatar with it. but exacly same blender file, using 2.59 and export to dae. they working fine and allow me skin weight but then the issue is happen again, the picture on top.

automatic weight works to some extend only. Most probably you will have to tweak your weights manually.

Your image looks a bit like your avatar-mesh is positioned with face looking toward Y in blender. But it should be positioned with face looking toward X. If so then you should rotate the mesh (and the armature) by 90 degrees, again apply Rotation and then try to import to SL again.

It would help to have a look at the blend file.

Same happen again with  same reuslt from first picture.

the funny things is that any blender file that it have bones and avatar

and using 2.59 to export it. they all turn out like that. i am assuming its my pc issue or blender issue or Sl uploder issue..

probably blender setting is issue or something...

There where 2 major issues with your object:

1. You have used an A-Pose instead of a T-Pose.
  2. You have created 6 armatures in a row which completely destroys your rigg.

Workarounds:

1. remove all but one of the armatures. I kept the original armature named "Armature" and deleted all others
  2. Create a T-Pose for your character
  3. apply the armature
  4. Give your character a recognizable name like "creature" for example.
  5. save your blend file.
  6. Open the Avatar Workbench (or avatar.blend)
  7. File -> Append the "creature" by navigating to the creature blendfile and then further into Objects -> Crature
  8. Object -> make local -> All ( to be able to modify the creature)
  9. Scale the SL armature to fit your character (Which shold now be in a T-Pose(!)
  10. Object -> Parent -> make Parent ... Armature (dont create groups)
  11. in the armature panel: Make Real
  12. Select armature AND Creature
  13. File -> Export -> Collada-1.4.1

Now import to SL. It should work.

Hint: I believe that the object center of the Character should be at the same locations as the object center of the Rig. I am not sure if this is true. You might need to experiment.

I had the exact same problem too. 2.59 would twist the AV like that, and 2.49b wouldn't let me check the Skin Weights button on upload.

What I found is that in 2.49b I needed to click the "Make Real" button while I had the AV mesh selected, no need to click the Apply button after, or at least I didn't. After that I could export in 2.49 and upload to SL with no problems. Infact I only use 2.49b for it all now, modeling and exporting.

I'm new to blender too so I'm not saying it's the solution you're looking for, but try it and see :)

Sun Ziplon wrote:

followed your step exactly but seems to be not able to check skin weight

and mine is 1.4.0 collada which is from JASS Pro version.

when you export my work, it got exported properly?

Yes, i could export it with success and in the importer previewer it looked all well and i was able to checkmark the weights and the joints. And you surely removed all but one armature ? And applied "Make Real" ?

If you would apply the modifier, then i believe that you will return back to a static mesh. Applying "Make real" is correct however. In Blender 2.5/2.6 the make real button has disappeared. I never found out for what reason this button exists in 2.49, except adding one more step to the workflow.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all your help. and i am really sorry for reply really late...

i had busy time with RL stuff...

anyway, i can uplaod the my avatar but it still shape is not really correct, i should try it again by following your step again

slowly. i am really thankful with all your help and reply Gaia!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.