Maya and double-sided texture

Vinc3nt Velinov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello again with my 1million$ questions.

This time it's about the double-sided textures on a mesh.

Now, I do know that all the meshes have one side even in SL, that the other side is an illusion and such but I am viewing garments that come with two sided textures in SL, external and internal like this one:

celoe.PNG

Doesn't look like is doubled and flipped normals, looks like is really one mesh since it's impact is only 55.

I use Maya and I know how to do double side textures meshes but the FBX exporter doesn't support it. And the DAE we know it's broken and doesn't upload the rig.

So probably this must be done with another program. Blender perhaps?

Any feedback about it would be really appreciated.

Thank you

SL doesn't do double sided shaders. This has nothing to do with your modeling program, or with file formats. All shaders in SL are single sided, end of story.

Any objects that appear to be double sided have duplicate geometry, with revesed normals. There's no other way to do it.

• 1 year later...

It is two meshes basically. The mesh was duplicated and then the normals were flipped and textured..the meshs were joined. It looks like one mesh because they are exactly overlapping and you would not see from the other side as the mesh would be invisible. So there is no flickering or distortion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.