Deformed Mesh

Lua Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  I have an issue with a rigged mesh item I uploaded.  It appears fine to other users, but to myself part of the mesh is stretched all the way down to my feet.  Here are some pictures:

What it's supposed to look like, a floating object over only my left arm:

Untitled.png

What it actually looks like (to me) in-world, shooting its lazer beams into the floor:

Snapshot_011.jpg

Is this an issue with the rigging?  I tried to get Blender to rig the pieces to the bones in the left arm, but could only get it to rig to the origin.  What am I doing wrong with this?

Thanks,

Shinga

I do not work with mesh, so I can't suggest anything from that perspective. However, I do see your annoying "laser" effect rather often these days. People I'm with often don't. I see it most often with the SL viewer, and the really odd thing is that I can run two instances of the viewer (two different avis in  the same place), and the effect shows only one of the viewers. Go figure.

I'm adding this in the hope that this might provide additional info for someone who knows what might be causing this.

Is it fitmesh?

Fitmesh does that when you're running an older viewer. Need to update to a newer version :D

IF its not fitmesh, Make sure you don't have any extra bones rigged to it. (Select all bones but the ones you have it rigged to and hit remove weights)

Thanks for the replies. 

I am not sure if it is fitted mesh.  I linked the two objects (forearm and upper arm) to the skeleton in Blender.  I was not able to select individual bones, just the whole skeleton.

I use Firestorm 4.6.5.40833 (current version according to FS's website) and have an ATI Radeon HD 6670 video card.  AFAIK, graphics driver is up to date.  I tried this on the main viewer that I downloaded today and it is doing the same thing.

Thanks,

Shinga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.