Permission help, please.

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've built this stool with animations and scripts. When I bring it into my inventory the stool is shown as no mod. That's fine, because the scripts and animations inside the script are copy only.  I want to sell the stool as copy/mod. Unfortunately, when I add the stool to an inworld sales sign to sell it, the item ends up offered to buyers as no mod/ no trans.

There's nothing inside the stool that's even listed as no mod/no trans. I've set the next owner permissions to copy/mod on the stool, except for scripts and animations. Does anyone have an idea where I'm going wrong?

I am using AVsitter, but I've taken avadjuster and avhelper out (They can cause permission problems if left in.).

Thanks for any help. The stool is ready to sell, if I can get by this permission issue.

Myra Wildmist wrote:

I've built this stool with animations and scripts. When I bring it into my inventory the stool is shown as no mod. That's fine,
because the scripts and animations inside the script are copy only.
  I want to sell the stool as copy/mod. Unfortunately, when I add the stool to an inworld sales sign to sell it, the item ends up offered to buyers as no mod/ no trans.

T
here's nothing inside the stool that's even listed as no mod/no trans.
I've set the next owner permissions to copy/mod on the stool, except for scripts and animations. Does anyone have an idea where I'm going wrong?

I am using AVsitter, but I've taken avadjuster and avhelper out (They can cause permission problems if left in.).

Thanks for any help. The stool is ready to sell, if I can get by this permission issue.

If the scripts/animations are
copy only
then that means they are no mod/no transfer.  So your two statements underlined above are contradictory.

You need to go back to square one and start with everything full perm and set your permissions with a rezzed object (make sure there are no slam bits).

Thanks, Perrie.

You're right, of course. : ) It had been a long day of hair pulling.

I read a lot on permission, too, after this, though, and I think I understand better, now. So the only thing about this that is an "issue", is that the stool is still copy/mod, but the permissions as displayed on the item are correct, though a bit misleading to potential buyers. Buyers would still be able to copy/mod it, though, as I discovered.

Everything seems to be fine. It's really more a lack of knowledge about how permissions on stuff gets labeled.

Myra Wildmist wrote:

Thanks, Perrie.

You're right, of course. : ) It had been a long day of hair pulling.

I read a lot on permission, too, after this, though, and I think I understand better, now. So the only thing about this that is an "issue", is that the stool is still copy/mod, but the permissions as displayed on the item are correct, though a bit misleading to potential buyers. Buyers would still be able to copy/mod it, though, as I discovered.

Everything seems to be fine. It's really more a lack of knowledge about how permissions on stuff gets labeled.

That's always been a problem.  Can make an object full perm but will it display the more restrictive permissions of contents.  Is why your description has to be very clear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.