gift card scam

wyldechance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was in a store a while ago and received a gift card that promised 60% off if used within the hour.  I opened it, without having clicked on anything to buy, and it sucked all the money out of my account.  It was a scam.  The resident who gave it to me was created this very day, so I am assuming someone is creating a lot of avatars to keep the name changing.  I just want to warn everyone.  It will take all the money you have.

3 answers to this question

Warning US (or anyone else, for that matter) won't make any difference.  That scam has been around as long as SL has.  Nothing can suck the money out of your account unless you click the button to give it permission to Debit your account, but it is easy to get tricked into doing that.  You are especially vulnerable if you're a newbie, or a non-English speaker, or just not paying close attention.  So.... Before you delete the object, copy all information about its creator and how you got it and submit an Abuse Report.  You are not likely to get your money back, but you never know.  Miracles happen sometimes, and you may at least help LL rid the world of a thief.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.