How high do ban lines go?

AshlynnGrace12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am renting a parcel for business use. I want everyone to be able to get to the recpetion area, but not the back of the building. I have set the land to have 2 parcels: 1 with all access and 1 with only group access. I put the building 1000 meters in the air with each section directly where I want the ban line to be. The ban lines seem to work fine on the ground, but they don't work at all in the actual business. Any idea what the problem is?

1 answer to this question

Maximum ban line height for "no entry" or "pay to access" (in other words, "allow public access" is turned off in the parcel options) is the parcel's ground elevation plus 50 meters. If a user is explicitly banned by name, the height is the parcel's ground elevation plus 5000 meters.

Ther's pretty wide agreement among seasoned SL residents that ban lines are annoying, unsightly, and largely ineffective.  Since you are dividing your business into a public section and a non-public section, and since both are already above the ground anyway, you don't need to put them at the same elevation. Just set your private (group only) section at an elevation of 3500m and put a security orb in it. That will keep anyone who discovers it from entering, and most customers will never have any idea that it's even there.  Group members can move from one area to the other easily through the magic of teleportation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.