Problem with llRequestPermissions()

Poltergeist Azarov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hmmmm.. as the wiki says, "Permissions are requested and granted separately for each script, even if they are located in the same object." The only thing that occurs to me is that if both scripts have changed events that are monitoring CHANGED_LINK in the same linkset, then a person standing up will change the number of links in the vehicle and might confuse the script that's handling the other person.  That shouldn't happen if you are using llLinkSitTarget to keep the two avatars separate, but it's hard to tell without seeing the script.

It has fooled me more than once that the CHANGED_LINK event is triggered for all scripts in the object when someone sits or unsits anywhere on the object.
I need to handle the event very carefully and make sure the event is by the person sitting or unsitting on a particular prim.
My precautions sometimes include llAvatarOnLinkSitTarget as Rolig pointed out and sometimes include prim number in link-set
Note that llAvatarOnLinkSitTarget(0) will fail, so one prim objects represent a special case

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.