List all attached objects

Torry Schenker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

smiles...ok...i know it. but i need a script approach which register a worn attachment ( by name )  in a seperate DB. this is the reason for my problem.

I must ensure that all in a private game playing avatars has attached a special HUD. My approach was to sensor all avatars and look for this special HUD by name. If one avatar without this attached HUD i will send him via IM a message.

That's a very memory-heavy process. You could (possibly) do this via RLV but only if all players were using RLV and had relays properly configured. Not a clean solution, and the dependencies might be too much.

A faster and probably more elegant solution would be to llRegionSay on a non-zero channel, 'pinging' each player to see if a HUD belonging to them responds. No response (after a time delay) gives you your IM-trigger.

• Like 1

All RLV will do is make the viewer tell you which attachment points are occupied, or whether a particular point is occupied, depending on what you ask it.   It can't tell you what's worn on a particular attachment point or clothing layer unless you start doing some pretty fancy stuff with "shared folders," which is almost certainly outside the scope of this particular problem.

I agree with you -- having attachments report their presence if asked is a far better way to do it.

Hello again,

thx for some good ideas. i startet to script  Freya's approache via llRegionSay. I inserted some lines code in order the attachment is talking ((llRegionSay )) the Owners UUID in a non zero channel. A central cube will recieve this message an store it in a list. A timer inside the cube is checking against AgentInRegion. If an Agent in Region without this storred message he is identivied as Avatar without this needed attachment.

Tahnks all !!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.