Can you roll back a parcel, or does it have to be the whole sim?

Astryl Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

that's it, I lost something on my parcel and can't find it, so I wanted to do a rollback. Actually, maybe someone can tell me what happened. I just right clicked on an item to go into edit, and before I could click edit it vanished. I tried area search, looked in Objects, lost & found and trash, but it is nowhere.

2 answers to this question

A region owner may request a rollback of their region should they deem it necessary.

This is rarely done because tenants will lose things during a rollback. So the loss of something on your parcel is not reason to roll back a whole region with tenants.

The missing item may have accidentally been moved off the edge of the region and will show up in your Lost and Found folder at a later date and/or has been returned to it's original folder. In some cases it may have been "collected" into the <0,0,0> -20m junk collection point of the region your parcel is located on.

In very rare cases I've seen objects delete themselves because they were "expired" - This happens with old pet food, old pets for companies now out of business and objects that report "home" when rezzed that may have been copybotted and thus are not legally owned.

• Like 1

It's quite possible to edit something off to infinity by mistake.  In that case, it's not on your sim, but on a neighboring sim, or even one quite far away.  It will probably be returned to your Lost and Found (eventually) when someone notices it cluttering up their back yard.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.