SL problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This been happening for about a month now,every other time I login to SL inworld my avi keeps turning 360 degrees around then walk over things or into a wall when I simply just want to make my avi turn a little.I just let the button go and she still continues to move on her own like she's doing a runway walk.I thought it was just me but my mom and brother are having the same problem on their own computers as well.I tried uninstalling the viewers I even use SL viewer because I thought maybe thats just firestorm but the SL viewer is doing the same.This is really getting annoying,what can I do? 

These symptoms sound like a network problem to me. To confirm this, type Control-Shift-1 in the viewer to bring up the Statistics bar and look in the Basic section at the top. You need to see a Packet Loss of 0%, and a Ping Sim time between about 100 and 150ms, ideally. The more remote the location, the longer those ping times will be and that's normal, but if they get too long (as with, say, a satellite network) one would expect the kind of problems you describe. Similarly, lost packets also delay communication for resending the packets lost in transmission.

If those statistics confirm that network is your problem, the next step is to figure out whether it's only Second Life that's being slowed down or if its all network speeds. (Meanwhile, you might turn off your router, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on and see if it's any better. This is easy, and not quite as superstitious as it sounds.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.