Can't copy objects to my inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I read the tutorial of dropping the item on ground, opening it and copying to your inventory, but it says that I can't copy it. The folder appears to my inventory but it's empty. Mostly these are body shapes, clothes etc. Any other way I can wear them?

Assuming you are dropping the CONTAINER on the ground that holds a COPY item (not all items are copy but shapes certainly should be and most clothes are so I am guessing your items are) -- then that "there is nothing you are allowed to copy" message comes up now and then when you are in too much of a hurry (or your connection speed is slow OR the server is having a hard time).

So if the items are supposed to be copy, then be a bit more patient. You also might try unpacking in a different sandbox. Most of the time the second try or so works.

I can't think of another typical problem with what you describe.

Good luck.

Sometimes you may find a number of unpacked boxes inside the original box. These need to be rezzed on the ground and opened as well. (There might be even more boxes inside these...such as ones with multiple clothing outfits).

It can be confusing because a little yellow box icon in front of your inventory item tells you it could be either an unopened box or a prim attachment (like a pair of glasses or other object).

If you accidentally rez something that is not a container...don't open it...right click it and select "take" to put it back in your inventory. If you delete it and it is "no copy" it will be lost forever. 

If you have successfully opened a box and you see its contents  in your inventory, you can safely delete the box on the ground as well as the original unopened one in your inventory. The "no copy"  items will have been moved (not copied) to your inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.