Can someone under 18 purchase land?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Firstly (for clarity):-

• All land in Second Life is rented. Either it is rented from Linden Lab directly, or sub-leased by another resident.
  • Users who are under 18 can only travel to General sims. Any land should therefore be bought on a General region.

It may not be possible for users under 18 to rent land directly from LL - you would need a payment method that LL support for premium membership (such as PayPal - I don't know if under 18s can meet LL's trading criteria). Premium membership is required for renting land directly, but this method can be more expensive (especially if you have to pay VAT).

It would be possible for users under 18 to rent sub-leased land.

Good luck!

If you are old enough to be in Second Life by LL Standards (Age 16) then you are old enough to purchase land threw an estate owner on their private estate or rent from a landlord on mainland. The landlord may have thier own terms and conditions regarding the ages that are allowed to rent from them and restrict you to only renting on their General rated sims. 

More Info regarding purchasing land thru Linden Lab directly can be found at the attached link: 

POLICY: Teens in Second Life

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life 

for sale.JPG

sweetvictory061 wrote:

Is it just me, or are all the land selling places moderate content?  I've been looking all morning, and have yet to find a single region that sells land that's "general content".  

I just did a quick check and found a lot of listings.

I am curious though how the listings make it into search. 

A few spots I TP'd to in order to double check were clearly not for sale but for rent.

BEE REAL ESTATE

Excellent Service and land parcels since 2007

TheMallStreetLogo(1).jpg

Hello sweetvictory61, nice to meet you.

I am selling a crossroad! (G) Rated 2 x Protected at Shetlon.

It is 11,792m - 2,698 prims and i am asking Only L$29,999 for it. (Negotiable)

Please Note,

If you have had already pay 10 dollars per month and had sign a contract with LL to be premioum member and then BUY this land,

then you will be charged from LL every month US$75 as it says here in them official price list:

http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

Wish you good luck!

Cheers beets.

**For further info please call anytime!**

Teleport to: The Mall Street

Call: beethros Karas

Thanks in advance!
Always yours!

[bEE Real Estate]

my signature.jpg ____

beethros Karas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.