Games of Skill Club closing down - unsure with transfer rights for the machines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

due to my rl work I will not be able to log to second life for some longer time in future and I have made a sad decision to close down all my second life business activities including the club for games of skills. I am now unsure about the licencing. However.

I was wondering whether I may offer the transferrable items (mostly machines, boards etc.) for sale to someone who may use them. I have some 20 No devils, 10 reel wilds and 10 4play machines plus the usual boards.

May I use the "used items" category in marketplace?

Thank you for your answers,

NoLimitsGamesClub

Before selling these items, you might want to check that they're truly transferable.

I remember a thread on here a while back, some guy had spent L$70,000 on second-hand gaming machines, but the scripts inside were disabled on CHANGED_OWNER status - the creator had a phoneback system that led him to disable the machines remotely, since transferring wasn't allowed under the licence for the machines (even though in Second Life, they had transfer permissions). This left him severely out of pocket.

Scripts in Second Life can have their own licences attached, for gaming systems remote control, operation and deactivation is always a probability.

I'm not sure which 'brand' they were - this isn't my area - but 'No Devils' sounds familiar from that thread. I'd love to provide a link, but I can't find it now.

You should check that this won't happen in your case - as should any parties with an interest in buying them.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.