How do I change my classified ad to show places/hangouts?

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The answer given to my previous question suggested the classified ad for my saloon should be places/hangouts rather than shopping. How do I change that? I just canceled the first ad and can't find a choice for places/hangouts in the drop down list. Is that because the L$50 / week price still shows, because it's in an adult area, or is it lag in the computer records?

While I'm at it, how do I nominate my saloon as a destination/bars&grills? Or is it a special attraction because I have live performances only one day a week (at least so far)?

1 answer to this question

See here for requesting listing in the Destinations Guide: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/About-the-Second-Life-Destination-Guide/ta-p/700059#Submission_guidelines

Editing your classified:

How to view and edit your classified ad

After placing a classified ad, you can edit everything except the Price for listing. Follow these steps:

1. Select Me > Picks...
  2. Click a classified, then click Info at the bottom. Notice that Clicks stats are also shown.
  3. If you want to edit, click Edit at the bottom. You can edit all of the details you entered when you first placed the classified.
  4. When you're done editing, click Save at the bottom.

How to place a new Classified ad:

How to place a classified ad

Classified ads are sorted by price or by relevance, depending on where they are displayed in search. The highest-paid classifieds appear on top when searching in Everything, and the most relevant classifieds appear at the top when searching in the Classifieds section.

To create a classified:

1. Position your avatar in the location where you want the link in the ad to teleport people to. For example, at the entrance of your store.
  2. Choose Me > Picks...
  3. In the bottom left, click the + icon and choose New ClassifiedThe Edit Classified window opens.  Fill out the fields as described below. You can edit everything about your classified, except the price, at any time.
  4. When you've filled out the fields as desired, click Publish.
    The Publishing Classified window opens.
  5. Enter the price you want to pay in Linden Dollars (L$). Higher prices are ranked higher in search (but the price paid for each classified isn't publicly shown). If you checked Auto renew each week, this is also the price you're charged each week for your classified, so make sure you have enough in your total L$ balance.
  6. Click Publish to publish your classified ad.
  7. The sidebar refreshes with a notification of what you paid, and shows your new classified under the Classifieds section of your profile.
32px-KBcaution.png

Important: To change the price of a classified ad, you must create a new classified and copy information from the original ad into the new one. Then, let the old classified expire by itself, or if you're sure, delete it manually. 

If you delete a classified early, you won't receive a refund for any remaining time left on your classified listing. If you want to stop paying for a recurring classified, make sure the Auto renew each week checkbox is unchecked.

Classified ad fields:

Picture - By default this will have a picture of the parcel where your avatar is standing (from World > About Land).  To change it, click the picture, choose a texture (image) from your inventory, and click OK.  You can upload a new picture from your hard drive by using Build menu > Upload > Image (L$10).

Title: By default, the parcel's name. If you are advertising a specific product rather than a location, you can change the title text appropriately.

Description: By default, the parcel's description. You can change the text in the field if you wish. The maximum length is 256 characters. Unless you're paying very highly in a broad category like "hair" or "shoes", it is generally more useful to use keywords specific your product niche. Use relevant keywords, but don't spamdex or your listing may be removed. Keywords are "stemmed", meaning that you don't have to enter every variation. For example, a search for "dance" also searches for "dances", "danced", and "dancing". Entering a hyperlink automatically makes it clickable.

Location: This shows the exact coordinates at which your avatar is positioned. You can always change this by moving your avatar somewhere else and clicking Set to Current Location.

Category Select a specific category. By default, the Classifieds  tab in Search window shows all categories, but you can use a dropdown to narrow it down to one of the selections shown here.

Content type: Classified ad content is filtered by maturity, which includes keywords consistent with search in general. Choose an appropriate maturity rating, or your classified might be removed without warning. By default, the maturity rating will be Parcel_lght_M.pngModerate or Parcel_lght_G.pngGeneral, depending on the rating of the region in which you create the classified.

32px-KBnote.png Note: If you're in an **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**s://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-21717" rel="nofollow" target=_blank>known issue

Auto renew each week - Check this box if you want this classified to run automatically and continuously without your intervention. Each week you'll be charged the price you choose for your classified after you Publish it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.