Having issues with Textures on objects since update. HELP!!!!!

NaeniaAnne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok I have been having issues with placing textures on objects and even mesh since the new Firestorm update. I go to apply the texture and it multiplies it on the object. I have to try and rotate and stretch it to fit right and most the time that dont even work. Its getting very irritating. I have searched online and asked many friends if they knew how to fix and nothing. I am going nutty over this and would like to fix it so SOMEONE please help me!!!!!

For the past 3 hours I have been trying to do a furry mod for my avie and the texture is not right. I go to make mesh clothing and it is the same thing. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS!!!!!?????

I have all the settings as they should be that was discribed. I havent changed anything. Everything is default. I added a image to show what is happenine. Hope it helps. 

Snapshot _ Pappy

2 answers to this question

I'm not quite sure what you are describing, so bear with me as I try a few possible solutions....

1. If you are trying to change the number of repeats of a texture on a surface, you'll find that the Texture tab in your Build/Edit tool has controls for Horizontal and Vertical scale.  Changing those numbers will shrink or expand your texture to fit the face.  If your scale factors are diufferent from 1.0, you may also need to adjust the Horizontal and Vertical offset controls to center the texture on the face.

2. The Mapping menu on that same page is generally set to Default.  However, if you have set it to Planar you will need to do some drastic re-scaling of the texture to get it to fit your object properly again. The Planar option is useful if you want to put the texture on a surface that is not orthogonal (like a triangular face, for example).

3. If you are trying to place a texture on a mesh object, you'll have to be very careful or lucky. When a mesh object is created, its surface is described by a unique UV map -- somewhat like a dress pattern -- that determines exactly how textures are to be applied to the object. If you have the UV map, you can use it in Photoshop or GIMP to place the textures yourself.  Otherwise, simply dropping a texture on the mesh object without the UV map will produce very chaotic results. There's no way in the world that you will be able to stretch or rotate the texture so that it looks correct on all faces of the object.

If none of those comes close to explaining what you are wrestling with, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add more information so I or someone else can try again. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

Thanks for adding the image. I assume that the inset is meant to be the texture you're trying to apply to the outfit the model on the right is wearing.  It's a little hard to figure out, but it looks to me a if the texture is upside down and is repeated roughly three times in each direction.  My first instinct would be to divide the Horizontal Scale and the Vertical Scale values each by 3 and put a minus sign in front of the Vertical Scale to flip it top for bottom.  That should at least produce a full size image.  I'll be very surprised if that solves the problem, though, unless the UV map for that mesh dress is a lot simpler than it looks.  If you don't have the UV map to work with, I don't know how you're going to apply that texture to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.