Hi, Help me! I brought a car but I turn into car? Please help me! How to get in the car?

KarisalynnXOXO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone Im Karisalynn and this question is on my mind 24/7. Well I brought this OMG it's was like an amazing car and then the worst part... I click wear and boom turn into one well like a box of the picture of it. It was werid, I wanted to drive it so badly! Will you help me? Please!
Thanks!
~Karisalynn.

1 answer to this question

Hi again, Karisalynn!

You've committed two of many newbie errors (I've committed all of them... many more than once).

First, you've worn the box your car came in rather than unpacked it. Here's the SL guide for unpacking boxes...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

You'll need to go to a place that allows "rezzing", like a public sandbox or, if you're a Premium Member and have a Linden Home, your own place.

I often go to the Fermi public sandbox to unpack boxes and/or build things. To go there, just type "Fermi" into the address bar at the top of your viewer. You'll be teleported to a grassy area on the sim where you can unpack your box. You'll probably find the car and an instruction notecard in the box, which you'll copy to inventory. If there is a notecard, open it and read the instructions. They'll reveal the second error you made...

Cars and other vehicles are generally rezzed on the ground, after which you right-click on them and select "Sit" or "Drive" or "Fly" or whatever name the creator has given to the act of sitting on or in the thing. You don't wear them. Once you've sat in your car, follow the instructions for driving it that you hopefully found in the notecard.

You're going to make countless more mistakes here, so get ready for them. Oh, I wish I could go back to my wondrous early days in Second Life, where I was making mistakes at the speed of delight.

Hang in there. Second Life is a very special place.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.