Texture change HUD issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I am trying to create a texture change HUD for a chair. My problem is that this mesh chair shares face numbers with multiple parts, (i.e. the seat and the backrest are both face #2, the legs and the piping are both face #0) So of course that means I can't assign a particular texture to one face without having it effect the other non realated face.

Any work arounds for this problem or is my project doomed?

Hi Melora,

If I have understood correctly, one texture, perhaps cloth, appears to be applied to the seat and backrest, and another, maybe metal, to the legs and the piping.

If you wanted the seat and backrest to have a different texture, perhaps it would be possible to make a texture that included both textures in it, e.g. half very worn seat and only slightly worn backrest. Should you have the texture maps for the mesh chair, that may be fairly easy to do.

Otherwise it looks as if you are stuck with finding textures that work well for both faces...

Maybe someone else here knows of another solution?

• Like 1

Hey Emma (Waves :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:)

Yeah unfortunately it wont work in this situation. I do have the AO maps and they are very detailed and specific, pertaining to each seperate part, so no real way to intergrate that in the way you described. I think I'm boned. I watched a blender video and from my understanding it was something that the mesh creator needed to build into the object. But thank you for trying to help me :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.