I have an attachment mounting issue that is consistent across viewers, computers, and avatars.

Kyrhee Sandalwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This long standing issue has plagued me for several  years. Attachments will quite often be mounted to a location on a sim when I arrive here in SL or after a teleport to a new sim. The body part will appear normal to other viewers, but on my account the part will hover in mid air and will stay behind as I move my avatar. I can try to detach the part and it wll be removed from my "worn items" but will remain in the air. I have experienced this on many different viewers, on many avatars, different OS's and the part that miss-mounts is not always the same, although the part in question will be the same part for an entire login session. 

Edit: I'm sorry, but I have another machine running (at times) on the same connection, which has none of the above strange mounting issues. If I use a different account, no mounting issues arrise on the same computer. Unfortunately I don't believe we can accept an answer of "Unreliable internet connection"

Any other ideas?

2 answers to this question

You have an unreliable Internet connection.  It has nothing to do with your bandwidth, which is rarely a problem for SL residents.  You are either losing packets of information between your computer and SL's servers or your signal is being delayed somewhere along the line, so that your viewer and the servers are out of sync with each other.  Many on-line games would not have much trouble dealing with either of those situations, but SL relies on streaming information back and forth constantly.  It updates information for your viewer and the servers 45 times a second, so errors can make a lot of difference.  This can be a particular problem for SL residents outside of North America, who are far from the servers.

There may not be much you can do about it, because so much depends on distance and on the quality of connections between you and the servers.  Still, take a look at Nalates's blog for some suggestions about how to diagnose and maybe improve things >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I hate to necro post, but I am having this same issue... It is typically my left shoe, but at times it will be my hair. Strangely enough, it only seems to occur on my second avatar. This one has, to date, not had the issue. I have tried clearing the cache a couple times and, in theory the latest firestorm is a clean install.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.