Help! This is not good! My clothes are not rezzing for other people.

Rana Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avvie looks fine to me, but my mate and others keep telling me I'm half naked! I am wearing a shirt, I can see it, but they can't. I can't go around half naked like this because I have a child avatar and dancing or necking with my mate can be considered age play if I keep on being half naked.

What's wrong here? How can my avvie look fully clothed to me but naked to others?

FYI my browser is Phoenix.

Thank you, all of you! I'm not entirely sure it worked, but no one has said anything to me about being a nekkid cub so far so I can only guess it was sucessful. :D I rebaked, tested my avatar using the advanced menu, cleared my catche, saved my character as an outfit so I have all the parts when I need them, and put them back on again. :3 So I think i'm good now.

7 answers to this question

A few suggestions of what you can try.

• Rebake. Ctrl+Alt+R. Try this and see if your mates can see your clothes ok. If so try to change something and see if they can see the changed outfit.
  • Clear cache. Not sure where in Phoenix you do this, but it will be somewhere in the preferences panel. Same here. Try it, see if it helps, change something and see if it still works.
  • Unplug your modem and router for a minute or so, plug back in, let a connection establish, log in and see if it helped.
  • Check your connection for packet loss. Press ctrl+shift+1 and check the packet loss number close to the top. If it is more or less above 0.0% constantly, try to lower the max bandwidth setting in Preferences->Setup (?).
  • Check your internet connection for packet loss. Run the test at http://www.pingtest.net/ a few times and see what the result is. If you get a lower grade, you may want to talk to your ISP about it.

Often, the issue you're having is related to the connection, but it could be caused by a few different things, but hopefully some of the above helps.

- Luc -

• Like 1

It happened to me 10 days ago (I use Phoenix too). Go the top advanced menu > character > character test (male or female). You will be back to the basic system shape and skin. Then wear your usual shape and skin, then put on your hair, eyes, clothes..

My recommandation is that you save your favorite appearance. When you are back to normal, edit your appearance: at the bottom right of the window clicl on the "save outfit" button. It will create a folder which you can name in a way you can always remember it. This folder will be saved in your inventory in the "clothing" folder. So next time your avatar crashes, you can easily retrieve and wear your "usual you"!

:smileywink:

• Like 1

Just to add to the very good answers of Valerie and Luc that, when you log in not only when you have problem but always, is good to open your inventory, to type 1-2 chacarters in search there and to wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. Also is good to move in another region with less lag.  Lime and Smith are protected land which are recommended. My feeling is that with a simple Character test in Phoenix, you will fix the problem.

• Like 1

Hello...

I have a friend with the same problem... I've have read all the posts regarding this.  She has already done everithin, including unistalling al the viewers, and installing one by one...  Just for testing...  (using one and unistall)...

It did not work.

She looks her perfect... but all the rest.  We see her as newbee, except for the shape and hair.  The skin and the clothes are the tipical pink with black dots of newbee.

What else she could do?  

Her conection is 3G

@Euridice. Do you mean your friend is on a mobile connection? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by 3G? Mobile 3G is a pretty slow connection, and SL is very demanding on bandwidth. If she is on a mobile connection, then it will probably take quite a long time before all the data necessary is sent and received to make her appear right to everybody. 

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.