Comissioning?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm quite new and I was wondering if there is a business niche for artists by comission on Second Life? I came here migrated from another 3D avatar website where this sort of service was quite popular and I'm used to working on that. I would be really grateful on any help as to how to set up a business of this type?

If anyone happens to not be clear on what this consists of, basically people that pay for custom art pieces. Specially portraits, Original Characters, etc, etc.

Would I need an inworld gallery? Or a website gallery? What is the minimum payout here for these sorts of requests? Is there even a market? Or a tutorial?

I'm sorry for the newbieness, and would be really thankful for any answers.

It's hard to guess what the percentages are, but many (most?) creators in SL do at least some commission work in addition to whatever they make on speculation and sell through their shops.  I can't tell you how other creators fare, but I earn about 75% of my income in SL through commission work, mostly scripting. Setting up a commission business is not easy, becuase there are not good ways to get your name out there.  The best way is probably to open a shop or at least a Marketplace presence where people can see your work and where you can let it be known that you welcome commissions.  

Start by reading relevant articles in the Knowledge Base

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-market-your-products/ta-p/700181

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.