Whenever I try to change my maturity to moderate, it won't let me. Why?

MarianaSly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's my second day on SL, and I'm trying to still figure this all out. I've tried looking at other Q and A's, but they don't seem to tell me the information I need. When I go into the preference tab and into general, I try to change the maturity. It doesn't have a dropbox or any other options to change it to mature. I can barely teleport anywhere, and it's quite annoying. Please help!

When teleporting it always says this:

The region you're trying to visit contains content exceeding your current preferences. You can change your preferences using Me > Preferences > General.

--||-

2 answers to this question

Hello Mariana Sly and welcome to SL.

To change your settings to mature (or better Adult) do the following.

Open your preferences CTRL + P does that .. or go to "me" then preferences.

Then select the very first option called "General" as it appears in the picture bellow.

Then you can see in the right side it has a bar with an arrow, we can click it and then appears 3 kinds of settings.

Choose the one that allows you to go everywhere and we done!

I hope this was helpful,

Have fun in your Second Life,

cheers, beethros Karas :)

Mature settings for Amswers in SL.jpg

• Like 1

If you are over 18, you should be able to set your maturity preference as the message indicates: Open youe Me menu and select Preferences.  The ratings menu is a drop-down box right at the top of the General page.  It offers three choices: General, Moderate, Adult. 

Now, even after you have set your preference, you may still be barred from teleporting to some regions.  Specifically, you may not enter Skill Games regions unless you have met these requirements:

• Have current billing information on file
  • Are at least 19 years of age
  • Do not reside in a prohibited state listed below
  • Are not connecting from a prohibited state (That is, a state neighboring a prohibited one, if that's where your ISP is doiung business.)
32px-KBnote.png Note: If you believe you meet all requirements for access, but are still unable to enter a Skill Gaming Region, please try resubmitting your current billing information and re-logging into Second Life as a first step toward troubleshooting.

Please review the list of prohibited states below and your account status to see if you can participate.

Prohibited states and countries

Residents of the following states and countries may not participate in Skill Gaming in Second Life:

• Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee

Also, it is common practice for many landowners of Adult regions to block any residents younger than 30 days.  It's nothing personal, just a good way to prevent the nastiest griefers from entering.  After 30 days, most of them have given up or been banned from SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.