My viewer keeps crashing before my inventory fully loads?

Autumn Ashdene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last night whilst playing Second Life I took a snapshot of my avatar, proceeded to save it to my desktop and before it could do so I accidentally exited out of the game. Ever since then, every time I log into the grid my avatar, Autumn Ashdene crashes to the desktop before my inventory finishes loading. I have tried cache clears and reinstallation, and nothing seems to help. I have a backup account which is working perfectly fine. I am on an iMac with Lion OSX. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

____

NB: I am not using any program on my iMac similar to the Windows program SkyDrive.

1 answer to this question

You may have run into an old bug that affects Macs in SL.  If you look at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28811, you'll see that I put a note in there over a month ago, wondering whether it's related to another problem >>> Microsoft Skydrive: Viewer crash on any file browser operation .   I doubt that you are using SkyDrive, since that's a Windows application, but are you using a similar sort of product on your machine?  If you are, try turning it off.  If that works, please put a note in VWR-28811 to let developers know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.