Home Page friends list

ZivaZania

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Minty green is the colour that the Second Life website uses for hyperlinks. Like this.

Typically on your friends list, this means that your friend has enabled Map permissions, and clicking this hyperlink shows you the current location (on the Second Life map) where your friend is.

You can also find out where these friends who've granted Map permissions in-world by right-clicking their [normal-looking] name in your Friends Lists and selecting Map.

• Like 1

Hi Ziva,

Although Freya is right about green links showing friends who've given you map permissions, I sometimes (not very often) have a friend in my list showing in green who has NOT given me map permissions (I've seen my alt in that list at a time I wasn't logged in). Clicking on their name takes me to the map page and points me to Ahern, which is a welcome hub.

The next time you see one of your friends showing in minty green, click their name. You'll be taken to maps.secondlife.com. Once there, right click on the "Visit this location" link in the map marker and select "Copy link" (or whatever it says on your computer, I use a Mac). Then go to your browser's address bar and paste the SLURL. If it says "secondlife://AHERN/0/0/0" you're experiencing the glitch I've seen. Otherwise, it's as Freya says and the SLURL is showing you where your friend is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.