How do you report/get L$ back for fraudunent marketplace items?

darthtuna Chrome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently purchaced this item here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Book-of-Shadow-HUD/5825398

The item I got was far from the description, in fact not a single thing in the description was in the item i got.

the item i got was a box that wanted me to pay even more money to open it but there was another option that let me open it without paying somehow.   what was in the box was an old HUD named Ascendancy HUD 1.3 made by Fox Armory back in 2008.  Is there anyway for me to report the seller/get my L$ back for this?

Thanks for the help.

2 answers to this question

You will most likely not get anywhere by complaining.

Often when you buy something in a box it has a default touch action of sell. All you have to do is right click and select Open.

Although the advert on the market place doesn't say that it is old it does say that it is a HUD and it doesn't say that it is anything else.

Now, if the HUD doesn't work that is one thing. But if the problem is that you don't know how to use HUDs like you don't know how to open boxes then it is up to you to get up to scratch.

See if you can't work out how to use the HUD. If you put some effort into it and you still really can't make it work then contact the seller and very politely let them know that it wasn't what you expected and could you please get a refund.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.