How do i get information on a resident, if he is clean, involved in some scheme or why he was ban?

Fillipe Pony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, i have been a resident on SL for 8 years now. I have a single account, never had the need for Alts and worry alot about my account safty and health.

For some time now i purchased Lindens with a person in-world who says it was licensed by Linden`s Labs / LindenX to resell Lindens but you never now just how legal  this person realy is.

Today this person added me again with another account, the Third for what i know and says it had its main account damaged/lost for being on a Sim during Restart and that LL couldnt recover it but im pretty sure Lindens Labs takes good care of their user database enough to prevent such thing from happening or is able to do a backup/rollback when necessary so something felt very wrong with this persons arguments.

Now im trying to get in contact with LL to find out the truth to know if i can trust this person or should i remove it definitely from my contacts. Sadly, i cant find any contact E-mail on the support area and the Ticket Options none attend to my need.

2 answers to this question

Hi Fillipe,

Linden Lab will not divulge personal information about anyone. However, there are only a small number of authorized L$ resellers, and they're listed here...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_(L$)_Authorized_Reseller_Program

The story you've been told doesn't ring true to me. If he's not on the authorized reseller list, I'd toss his calling card, then mute/block him. Even if he is on the list, after hearing a story like that, I'd still be inclined to sweep him away.

Be careful. Good luck!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.