Alts & Copyrighting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I put copyright because she is saying she is me and did my creations etc There is a girl that do the magic crystals that has like so many alt I have lost count, I have made my land payment on file only. After I banned her from land she came back 5 minutes later with a copyright of my name 2Tahni2Mirajkar2 which is not me. Mine is Tahni Mirajkar and its my business name. I have done reports after reports. I have been on SL for 10 years and I  have never ran into this issue. I had to hide my groups let my friends know its not me. I have left many many reports on this and others have reported her too. I still am not getting anywhere how can I get this to stop this is not right.

1 answer to this question

There is nothing you can do to prevent a person from choosing a name that is similar to yours.  In fact, a person could chose a Display Name that is identical to yours.  That is not a violation iof the TOS.  However, harrassment is.  See the Community Standards: "Communicating or behaving in a manner which is offensively coarse, intimidating or threatening, constitutes unwelcome sexual advances or requests for sexual favors, or is otherwise likely to cause annoyance or alarm is Harassment."  When you and other people submit Abuse Reports, refer specifically to this sectionm of the Community Standards and provide specific examples (dates, times, photos, excerpts of chat or IMs).

BTW, do not use the word "copyright".  You apparently do not understand what that word means.  It is a legal term that declares your ownership of a creative product.  You cannot copyright a name.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.