Beware designers : 2 new stores on the MP selling stolen contents in FP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, i just found 2 stores full of FP items sold as FP aswell, using exactly the same adpic than the original creators and even the description is a copy and paste.

I dont know if they sell empty box or the actually FP items (for which they are of course not allowed to send with full perm and not even to sell as is sold originally) but well, there it is.

you go to "building and object components" category and then in "mesh creator tools" and you filter from newest to oldest. It starts at the bottom of the first page and then you ll see the second shameless merchant at the second page too (might be further within some minutes lol ). 

While of course im not allowed to give you links or names, and as i can't flag them for ip infrigement myself and i cant currently log in order to tell the original creators (im currently still at rl work), i strongly advice you all to give a look if you are a full perm creator because you ll maybe see your some of your items there.

It caught my eyes right away so it should catch yours aswell :smileywink:

You are welcome Pam.

I havent seen furniture there, only full perm templates of apparel and accessories for now. 

Im about to be done with rl work, so i will try to contact each of the designers stolen as soon as ill be home and inworld. 

Last time i made this, the store and the account have been shut down within less than 24 hours, so hopefully it ll be same this time.

I feel really sorry for the merchants stolen, blah.. (althought i suspect more they are selling empty boxes here... but we never know)

Yes, well as i am not so often than before roaming in this forum, i dont know who are the creators often here. And as i was not able to log, well at least that was a way to warn them.

Since then, i did log and start investigating who are the creators (not always obvious), meanwhile i did find a 3rd store doing same.

I sent a nc with link to all the creators i could fig out. One told me she had already flagged and filled DMCA. Other ones will do. One told me that they come back endlessly. And to finish, i even found that they stole pics from bloggers or photographers too, so told those ones aswell everytime i could fig out their name.

Well now i think everyone will do their flag, report, dmca etc, and it ll be in LL hands.

Till next time they come back...

But as i said to someone, we must keep being vigilant, and report to the others when one of us notice such things. 

lol ty Amethyst. 

No need for kudos anyway lol.. if only we could do same in such circumstances maybe it would be less temptation for the scammers to try as they would be reported and their account canceled fast.

I got several ims last night from designers saying they are reporting right away.

this morning i m noticing all 3 stores are still up and the 2 more recent, have added more so i went on telling the new victims. 

It's week end. So i doubt we see solved today anyway.

As an update, the stores i mentiones have been taken down and i guess the accounts have been too.

Unfortunately, one is already back, with another account, almost same store name than before and with already 4 full pages of stolen contents.

I see that one famous template maker had already reviewed and filled dmca again. 

My guess is that they are phishing accounts for this purpose.

Those accounts are never total new, they always have some monthes if not year of existence and have PIOF. Thus its easy for them to open a mp store.

After the phished accounts used for sending nefarious MP links in group chats, and the ones they use for begging in groups and of course the ones they use for stealing rl money from the original account owner, their limitless creativity bring us a new kind of usage for stolen account : open a mp store and sell stolen contents or empty box but advertised as items created by other ppl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.