The lack of invisible status in creating

shalimarq

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do you guys handle the stress of not being able to go invisible as in "offline", in order to have total peace to create?I have tried to put busy mode and all sorts of tricks so far.

I am aware that I can set people to see me offline, but they can still see me online in the groups not to mention they would realize I am indeed online if they decide to leave me an offline message. (That does not leave a good impression and would make one feel ignored on purpose).

And I can't use an alt, because I have loads of untransferrable objects that I need for creating. It would be the best if the groups would not show the last login or status, if chosen so by the avatar. Also an offline notice would be sent to those who are IM:ing someone being invisible.

Busy works for me.  My friends respect it.  I do have a custom message that tells anyone that IM's me that I'm busy and can't talk to them, but if they leave a message I will respond asap.  I never fail to do that.  I've never had any friends complain about it and most customers don't either.  I just ignore customers who continue to IM me when they get the busy message.  They do stop and leave a message - eventually.

Well, for one busy mode notifies people only after they click the send message. And everytime someone IM:s me it causes me lag when recording with Fraps. Also it stresses me out if I see an IM window blinking below. It might totally ruin the moment.

Am I the only one who really needs the invisible status?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.