only allowed in general area though i am old enough to get into moderate.

Siporah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my birthday is in 1993 and i just created an acount. I was hoping to join my friends in a location that was moderate but it wont let me saying i'm not allowed there due to maturity ratings. 

i thought you only needed acount variation for adult areas not moderate.

What is going on?

Why am I only allowed in general  areas though i am old enough to get into moderate. 

PS. I understand that teen Sl merged here, but 18 is no longer a teen is it?

(by the way does SL change your age when your birthday comes?)

5 answers to this question

The automated system to recognise 18th Birthdays is almost ready & should be working within a week or so.

Until then its a bit messed up, when you turn 18 the maturity rating stays stuck on G even if you age verify.

You need to submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ there is no correct category, use Account issues > Sl web login issue and make it very clear in the test right away that you joined before you were 18 and have now turned 18 but can`t change your maturity rating.

If they reject the ticket, resubmit it, until they fix you.

I spoke to Terrence Linden a week ago and he said the system will be fixed in "a week or so" so it really could be done anytime now. If you get your ticket rejected it will probably say "this issue is not supported for basic members" will is silly because it is a unique issue to a very select portion of the community. You can try emailing Terrence on terrence@lindenlab.com if they give you a problem.

• Like 1

i filed a support case and SL will not help me because i have a free account!

i am 18 and i made this account for RP purpouse and i cant even do that with only allowed in general placed and not having the option to change it!

what should

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.