show/hide prim with llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast

Dorex Delicioso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I'm trying to show or hide a prim using

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[ PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 255 ]);

I can do it using /llSetLinkAlpha(LINK_SET, 1.0, ALL_SIDES); etc, but I'm having trouble with the correct values for

PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK and the integer that follows it.

I have tried PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_NONE and PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, but neither seem to hide it

Thanks for your help.

DD

The PRIM_ALPHA_MODE can be used to change transparency but you need to create a 32 bit texture for that. 3 normal 8 bit RGB layers and a 8 bit transparency layer. Saved in PNG or TGA format.

PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_NONE - switches off the transparency layer so the face will show the texture 
PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_BLEND - will use the transparency layer in the normal 8 bit mode. ("supports" the transparency bug :) )
PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK - will use the transparency layer in a 1 bit mode and the mask_cutoff parameter is the switching value (no transparency bug)

So witching between PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_NONE and PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK can make your object visible/invisible if you have a texture with the correct alpha layer applied.

A side effect is that this will force your object into the LI system (Land Impact). That can lower your objects LI but can also increase it sgnificantly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.