Water effect

dawnalphonse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could try making a mesh object (or a series of mesh objects) that make the shape of your river, burying them in a depression in your land, and applying animated textures to them with llSetTextureAnim.  I have tried something like that in the past with mixed success.  Frankly, it's not very convincing, but if you disguise your river with enough plant life and floating garbage you can fake it.  What most people do, though, is just lower the land area below 20m and let Linden water be their river.

It's doable, how easy it is depends on how realistic you want it to look. If you want it flat and are at water level, then Linden water is the easiest way, but it might not flow in the direction you want.

It's far more a building issue that a scripting one.

I've just made a simple river about 75m long from simply animated prims and sculpted rocks. It flows slightly down hill, in a manufactured channel in the land, and curves gently into the sea at the bottom of my parcel.

Some slightly bumpy sculpts make the water look better, but I changed over to prims because the sculpts had a huge rendering cost. Curves in the flow can be done by manipulating and cutting up a sphere or just approximated by a series of straight prims at increasing angles, with the banks providing the curve.

You're welcome to come and take a look, see if it's what you are thinking of.

IM me for the location if you want to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.