Potential "Vending Machine" script.

DJxPurity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm script illiterate. I failed Dreamweaver 4 years in a row when I was studying film (oh the joy of colleges making you take classes irrelevant to your major). But some scripting I can do. 

Let me try to explain this the best way I can without going full potato. So I basically want to make a vending machine in a way. I have a bunch of baby items that crowd my linden home and take up a bunch of prim space, and it's just annoying having to go through my huge inventory looking for a bottle or a box of his diapers. So what I wanted to do was build a prim where I can dispense his diapers, his shampoo, clothing, etc if I need to by clicking on it and maybe give me a menu and rezzing the object on the floor. 

I found a "dispense random object" script, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I'm not nessecarily looking for solicitors, but if you know of an item that does such a thing, or a script persay, it will be appreciated and I'm willing to talk about it.

This is a very specific request. I'm not looking for anything else that does the opposite. Also, please be kind as I would like to be kind to others. Best way to contact me is by IM and it's DJxPurity. Thanks!

There must be hundreds of variations on this type of simple vendor script in SL.  After all, every shop in world uses something like this to display and sell items.  Don't look for anything fancy and commercial.  A basic menu script that grabs inventory names and then gives a specific item on demand will do. You ought to be able to find a free one in one of the many in-world or on-line script libraries, or by asking in the Wanted forum.  Or you could pay a scripter to write one for you if you post a request in the InWorld Employment forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.