I really need some help

RosieLoveAri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I am super new to working with scripts and mesh objects. I recently purchased a full perm mesh head that came with five facial expressions. However, the facial expressions are on individual heads as oppose to being in one head and interchangeable via HUD. Which brings me to my question, is it possible for me to create a HUD to make it more convenient for customers to use? I'd also like to create a makeup HUD for the mesh head and wanted to know how do I get the mesh head to respond to the makeup hud. Thank you for any help and suggestions you may have. I really, truly, utterly need all the help I can get lol.

I suspect that you'll only be able to get that to work if you can wear all five of the heads at the same time and use a script to choose which one of them you want to make visible, leaving the others transparent.   Unfortunately, that will raise the vertex count for your av through the roof and may cause problems for some of your users and the people who want to be able to see their avs.  Anyway, it's not a scripting job for a beginner, so I suggest posting in the InWorld Employment forum to attract a scripter who's willing to write it for you on commission.

Thank you so much for your response. I took your advice and posted this on the employment forum as well. However, if no one responds, do you think providing all of the mesh heads individually would be ok or a nuisance? And would creating a script for the mesh head to work with a makeup HUD be difficult?

That all depends on the buyer.  It's not really all that hard to change heads.  (There's a sentence you will only see in SL. :smileytongue: )  The only problem, of course, is that the buyer won't be able to change them instantly to let a frown or a smile pass over her face.  Changing makeup is a comparatively simple challenge, because it involves swapping one texture for another one on the head.  If you have the makeup textures in the inventory of your HUD, you should be able to do that without much trouble.  Again, though, you're better off hiring a scripter to write you something than trying to do it yourself if you are a total novice.  If you are preparing a product for the market, you'll want the scripts and the artwork on your HUD to be as professional as possible.  Unless you're up to the task, the InWorld Employment forum is your best bet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.