HUD Help

UbiquitousStudio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am trying to make a HUD. I have 1 object that is the background, and two object that are buttons. I just added different scripts to each button object and it works when not linked, but once I link everything up it only presses one button. I tried fixing the texture and sizing so I don't click it and it still reads only one button.

I know I am missing something or just doing it wrong. I couldn't find much documentation on this, and don't really have examples for it cause it is more of a concept then code.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

It's impossible to guess what your problem is without seeing a script.  If you are using three linked objects with separate scripts, you will need to pass information from one of them to another with llMessageLinked.

Unless you really need separate scripts for some reason, it would be much easier to just write one script, put it in the root prim, and detect button pushes on the other prims with llDetectedLinkNumber

Even easier, unless you need three prims for some reason, you can texture a single prim with an image that shows two buttons.  Then detect which button area of the texture was clicked by using llDetectedTouchST.

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I was a issue with me linking the prims together. I think I choose the root wrong as I just read a blog tutorial on how to do a hud and I got it working by just redoing the linking and not touching scripts.

I do have a second question unrelated but don't want to post another thread, I'm looking to send announcements or messages to a group I own on a event, do you by chance know what I'm looking for in documentation.

Thanks for your time!

I do have a second question unrelated but don't want to post another thread, I'm looking to send announcements or messages to a group I own on a event, do you by chance know what I'm looking for in documentation.

Are you saying you want to send an announcement through a second life group from an object? I don't think that's possible

Well sort of yes, I see it done on groups already.

Say somone clicks on an object, it tells the group this person clicked on that object. It sort of happens with those linden game groups when they refill boeys and what not. Does the group connect to the object, or is there some php/html involved with that?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.