purchasing issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI everyone, Im hoping Im posting this in the correct forum. I have started having a issue while shopping in world and also on the marketplace. while shopping in world I can click the object to purchase but the buy option is greyed out. I can grab demos but not purchase. While shopping on the marketplace I can purchse the item, its delivered, but the touch option is greyed out. I can click open and it just keeps giving me the loading contents message. Im on the updated firestorm viewer and have tried a clean install along with checking through most of the menu options. I submitted a ticket but have had no response as of yet. an y help or suggestions would be so very much appreciated.

As I explained in responding to your similar question in the Answers forum, this is normal behavior.  The BUY option should normally be grayed out unless the object you are clicking on has been set explicitly to use it.  That's usually only done in the simplest vendors (basically a box that the owner has set up as described in https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-objects/ta-p/700143 ). Most in world vendors do not use the BUY option at all.  Instead, they are controlled by LSL scripts that use the PAY option.  If you encounter a vendor that does not have its own menu-driven system, you should expect to use PAY to make your purchase, not BUY.

Similarly, the TOUCH option will always be grayed out unless the object you are clicking on contains a script that uses a touch* event to trigger some action. 

If you use the OPEN option, you should see a list of the entire inventory contents of the object.  If the object contains a large number of items or if you are on a busy region, that operation can sometimes be very slow, so you do need to be patient.

Thank you for the response. Neither Buy or Pay are operational. I have loaded the viewer on my macbook and its working fine. So it is definitley a software issue on my desktop. I will once again try to delete everything associated with SL's viewer along with Firestorm's viewer. Im not sure what Im leaving behind when Im deleting the software but it must be reloading it on the reinstall. Once again thank you so much for the information its greatly appreciated.

That might work or, again, there may just be a misunderstanding about how vendors work.  In my earlier replies, I said, "If you encounter a vendor that does not have its own menu-driven system, you should expect to use PAY to make your purchase, not BUY."  To be more explicit, many in world vendors are menu-driven, so the PAY option will not be available until you have selected an item from the menu and the script has displayed a PAY window.  There are many ways to write a vendor script, so it's impossible to give a generic description that covers them all.  Unfortunately, some of them are unnecessarily clumsy and nonintuitive too, so they can be hard to use.  I spent a long time and made repeated visits to a shoe store in SL myself recently before I finally figured out how their system worked, so I can appreciate your frustration.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.