Market Place Trivia: That's A Whole Lot Of Stuff For Sale!

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

data01.jpgdata02.jpg

I must have had too much time on my hands today............................

Looking at the Market Place I got to thinking about the numbers on the side and thought, "just how much stuff is for sale in Second Life?"

Adding up the breakdown by price, it adds up to 1,975,385 items in the Market place alone.  That's One Million Nine Hundred Seventy Five Thousand Three Hundred Eighty Five!

A little tweaking of the search terms I came up with ~35,000 (Thirty Five Thousand) Freebies! (Because Estate Land is listed for free I wasn't sure about my final numbers on that).

The most exspensive item on the Market currently lists for $6,000,000L  (SIx Million Linden Dollars) or $25,532.22 USD.  It comes with the following terms/disclaimer:

"Xstreet delivery not guaranteed. 10% restocking fee on all refunds. See licensing agreement for details, terms, warnings, side-effects, and usage of this product. Special thanks to *****—buy her *****! Consult your accountant before purchasing. Batteries not included. Do not eat. This is not a freebie. Caveat emptor. Full perm files provided. *****  proudly made in Brooklyn, San Francisco, Lippert, and Schreckhorn. Or it gets the hose again. We love you, Philip! Please come back and save us! Void where prohibited."

I started trying to figure out what the most expensive pair of shoes, dress, etc, were and other trivia but decided it was time for me to get out of my basement.  Even if it is cold and snowing here.  But if any one else wants to add to this trivia, let the good times roll.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.