A few questions on Art commissions

AriaZim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am considering doing art commissions for Linden, however I have two questions. How would the customer transfer the Linden? And what forum would I post the thread for it? If anyone could answer these, that would be wonderful! Thanks!

I suspect that the people who commision the work, are usually the people who have the L$.

If you are already a famous artist, then yes, you could be commisioned to to produce a work of Art.

If you not yet famous, you're a working artist.

Employment would be a proper Category. (work wanted)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld-Employment/bd-p/InworldEmployment

50% down, 50% upon completion. No refunds. 

For the best response post a link to a photo sharing website that shows your portfolio in you post seeking employment..  Be specific about what type of work you are available for and include examples in your portfolio.  It is also important to say if these will be one of a kind or you plan on selling them to others too.

How would the customer transfer the Linden?  There are four main ways people get paid in SL:

• Right-click your avatar, select 'pay'
  • Open your profile in-world, select 'pay'
  • You set the artwork 'for sale', the customer right-clicks it, select 'buy'
  • You put a vendor script in the artwork, or the artwork in a scripted vendor, the customer clicks it, select 'pay'

NB: The last two options would require you to have a gallery or similar in-world, where you could put the artwork on display.

Most categories in the forum forbid advertising so inworld-employment is the only one where you could make yourself available.  Remember though that SL is a 3D virtual world, the forums, feeds and profiles are much less important than what you do in-world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.