Sculpted Door Problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there =3

I've got a sculpted door containing a script to make it open. It's opens and closes great, however, I can't actually walk through it whether it's open or not. It's as though there's some invisible wall in the way...

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and if I can fix it?

Thanks <3

If there is trim around the door that is sculpted or mesh it probably needs to be made phantom.  You can do this by unlinking the trim from the build.  Right click and go to edit then the objects tab.  Check Phantom.  Note that you can't link this back to the build because it will go solid again , unless you have a specials script that will allow it, because without the script a linked set has to be entirely phantom or solid

• Like 1

From what you say, if you unlinked the door and there is no door jam type trim, it sounds like the wall itself is sculpted and that's what is causing the issue. If you didn't unlink the door do that then click the wall and uncheck phantom n the edit box.

If the wall itself is sculpted and needs to be phantom to go through the hole for the door you'll need to replace it if you have some building skill.  Remove the wall that is phantom and replace them with regular prims.  If it is just the one door in the wall, you probably need three of them, one on either side and one on top.  However it may also be possible to do it with one prim that is hollowed and cut in half, depending on the size of the wall and door.I can't really give a definitive answer for the best solution unless I see it.

If you would like I am in world now and you can IM me and I'll come take a look.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.