Open Collar Leash particle retexture

KIT86 Flux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Guys and Girls, 

looking for any advice on changing the texture of the OC Leash

im not sure if im even allowed to do it but the Open Collar leash texture is currently way too long and it looks pretty crappy on the collar end when you have someone leashed. is there any way that i can edit the texture or add my own? 

(as you can see from the image below the texture is currently 4 links together with the root prim in the center, not only does this make it hard to align the chain to the collar link but also makes it look terrible when the leash moves)

i have asked various open collar folk and have gotten no response. 

any help would be massively appreciated!!

KIT86 Flux wrote:

im not sure if im even allowed to do it but the Open Collar leash texture is currently way too long and it looks pretty crappy on the collar end when you have someone leashed. is there any way that i can edit the texture or add my own?

I can't really go into detail here but yes, it is allowed. The OpenCollar script is full perm open source and lots of people have made their own changes to it.

You need to make a new texture and you need to make a small change in the script to use that texture instead of the default. Don't expect too much though, even with the best texture and the best script there are limits to what you can do with particles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.