Broken textures in a purchased home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was looking for the source of a strange media URL bar than was inside my house since yesterday and found (by Googling) that someone else had had this problem... a media texture in the floor...so, while looking for it I must have touched something in the floor texture tab to cause all the vert and horiz rotations to go insane. had I known what exactly I did I would post that...but, alas, I don't.

Aside from rezzing a copy of the house in the same spot, my Question is...is there a fix? We have modded the house so Just rezzing a new copy in the same coords would partially fix it, but the ache of re-doing all the mods prompted me to look for some insight here first.

There really isn't.  When you accidentally replace a texture on an object, there's no "undo" trick.  We've all done it at least once, and invented some great curses. If you haven't replaced the textures but just royally screwed up the scaling and offsets, you still might as well forget trying to fix it.  It will take you an age. The only solution is to rez the house again.  Next time, once you have your mods all done, be sure to take a backup copy of the modded structure so you can replace it again if you have to -- without having to redo the mods yet again.

Thanks for replying...and yes, I had figured my only option was to replace the house, and remod. Which we did and all is good! The upside it that the media bar that was causing fits must have been in the house as suspected, since it is absent now! Live and Learn!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.