Adult Verification - A Real Challenge for Some Adults :-) HELP

Aislinn Farigoule

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Friends and Strangers,

I have returned to SL after 3 years - registered about 6 years ago. I am having such problems with age verification and believe it may be related to setting up my account way back then with wrong birthday date (oops) of 1 Jan 2000 :-)

I have since changed settings inworld under preferences and provided PayPal details - linked to my older account and business Have also tried to select ADULT in Search (little box). Stays Greyed out. AVI. No luck.

Where to go to next?? Any advice...

-A

Ps: this is a repost...

2 answers to this question

We no longer have "Adult Verification."    LL dropped that some years ago, and now simply go on the date of birth you supplied when you created the account.

You will need to contact Support -- open a ticket, or use live help if you are a premium member -- and explain the problem.   Be prepared to encounter some scepticism.    They will probably ask you for copies of official photo-id to prove your actual date of birth.  

ETA   I don't think you can have given 1 Jan 2000 as your original D.O.B.   That would make you 15 (and you need to be at least 16 to access SL under normal circumstances).   It would also have made you 9 when you say you registered, "about six years ago,"  which would have been far too young to access even the Teen Grid back then.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.