new issue as second life not allowing me to log now showing login failed updating friends list

bigdavey Scorpio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Install another viewer and log in with it, then return to whatever viewer you are now using and you should be able to log in with it successfully. If not, complete a full manual uninstall/reinstall:

Uninstall normally then manually remove the hidden Second Life folders in AppData.

Enable Hidden Files & Folders:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open “Folder Options”
3) Open the “View” tab
4) Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”

Press OK and close control panel.

Accessing AppData:

Browse to the path below that corresponds to your operating system:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\

Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ 

Inside the AppData folder:

1) Open the Local folder and delete the entire Second Life folder.

2) Go back one level to the AppData folder.

3) Open the Roaming folder and delete the entire Second Life folder. If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

4) Restart your computer.

Now download a fresh copy of Second Life and install it.

• Like 1

Ok so ignore the other answer because I had this issue today and it didn't help me at all.

I myself use Singularity and had this error come up multiple times. What I did was install the latest version of Firestorm and when I ran the program it actually runs the process of updating your friends list. After that I logged off and was able to get on my other viewer.

So, get Firestorm, Run it and log in, log out, log in on your personal viewer you use. Done.

ILJeremy said:

Ok so ignore the other answer because I had this issue today and it didn't help me at all.

I myself use Singularity and had this error come up multiple times. What I did was install the latest version of Firestorm and when I ran the program it actually runs the process of updating your friends list. After that I logged off and was able to get on my other viewer.

So, get Firestorm, Run it and log in, log out, log in on your personal viewer you use. Done.

Isn't that what I said? Install another viewer to fix this issue.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.