harassment and someone claiming my SL will end and I'll be banned from all my groups and sims

Stanlane22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Basically, an old 'partner' of sorts freaked out on me for forgetting some silly little chat agreement that I'd made several months back based around a d/s agreement. they hadn't been on in a long time, I'd forgotten about it all, and now they're saying they NC'd all my group's mods/I'll be banned because I'm a liar and a cheater, and that my SL is over or something. I've filed a AR against them with as much detail as possible, asking LL to review logs,but I'm more worried about them forging logs in a NC and submitting them to all my groups. I've actively hidden them after the incident, but am still on edge. any help how to handle this would be appreciated, I'm afriad to block them out of fueling this more.

Edit : thank you! I don't know how to reply to posts/etc, but I'll use the edit function to reply. I haven't broken any rules, but my biggest fear are the notecards. Ive had a friend reassure me mods will ignore them, being one herself , but that fear is kinda there for me right now. is there any way I can protect myself aside from just riding it out?

2 answers to this question

Hi Stanlane,

It seems D/s is fertile ground for dramatic freakouts. Although it's possible they'll be taken seriously, I think most people can see though the noise. Those who do will stick with you, Those who don't might have ended up being grief for you in the future, let them go. Don't expect LL to take any action based on your AR, unless there was a clear and egregious violation of the Terms of Service or Community Standards.

I do think that blocking is the right approach. Any interaction you have with your old 'partner' just adds fuel to the fire. Absent any contact with you, the fire will go out. The faster that happens, the sooner you can sort through the charred remains for relationships that survived.

So long as you've not violated the TOS or CS, your SL won't likely be over until you give up. And that's up to you.

Good luck!

• Like 1

The wise old owls at LL decided that there's no need to reply to answers given here. And this is the downside of letting owls design things. You must do as you did, and edit your question to continue the discussion, or post "Permalinks" to answers. The term "Permalink" was probably thought up by a sparrow.

I would not worry about notecards. I don't think LL will even look at them, as they are made up things. LL might look at their own chat logs, which cannot be edited by residents. If you've done nothing wrong, I think it'll be difficult to convince LL otherwise.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.