Drop, Open and Copy to Inventory Trouble.

BelleFolle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

So I buy items on the Marketplace and im ingame, so i go to objects, click wear and drop my item. I click open and it takes forever to show contents in the box. So then when i comes up I click Copy to Inventory like always. Now i click it and in m inventory it shows the folder but there is nothing in it. I already tried with three different items and different sellers.

What is the problem and how can i fix this?

it seems to be that the things are being copied but your inventory is not showing it, make sure that you dont have something on the search bar of the inventory, it may have some character that the inventory is searching for and its not showing the rest of the items. if theres nothing there, then maybe the things are not dowloading, i once had a problem like that, it was a problem with the cache, near the top of the inventory window you can see how many items you have, if they are less than what you used to have that may be the problem, what happened is that only certain items were downloaded to my computer, clearing the cache was how i solve it.

this is how you clear the cache, you go to the menu "Me", then to "Preferences", to the "Advanced" tab, and you will see the button "Clear Cache", you clear the cache, press "Ok" and restart the viewer, that may fix it.

if for some reason it didnt work, you can clear the cache manually, here is a list to where is located in different operating systems:

• Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife\cache
    • Alternatively, use environment variable %APPDATA% to shorten this path to: %APPDATA%/SecondLife/cache
  • Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\Cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262))
  • Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife
  • Linux - ~/.secondlife/cache

you delete the folder and after you log in the problem may be fixed. be sure to not delete the folder while you are in world.

hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.