Highly experienced Web2SL developer seeking work.

Dev Khaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy folks,

I've been a resident of this virtual world for about 6 yrs now and have built everything from games to vehicles and all the silly little gadgets you can imagine. I open sourced much of my work and built a bit of a reputation along the way, playing a major role in several official SL events. Last year, after polishing off my bajillionth SL vendor system, i started what has evolved into an LSL library for the development of breedable pets. ( You can see the project here: http://eco.takecopy.com

Short story shorter, i put in over 2000 hours on the project, and as RL finances tanked, i have to step it back to support-only for the next week or so to take on custom work in order to afford our bills ( rent / internet / elec ). At which point i have a fun list of extensions and videos to produce, but that's if i dont run out of coffee or lose my apartment first.

So in the off chance there are individuals or groups which may need a highly experienced "Web2SL" developer to build their dream project, i'm available and eager to take it on at a fair rate. Please keep in mind i can't afford the time to do the small stuff right now, plus i could use a challenge.

Contact me in-world or via the offline support form on my site which hits my phone/email the moment you click "Send".

What excites me as a programmer when it comes to Second Life is the vast [often ignored] potential of web interfacing of Second Life creations; the ability to track and remotely manipulate Second Life objects, avatars, and currency. Much of what we see today on the grid is a compilation of beautiful design and terrible accounting, leaving much to be desired when it comes to external control and management of inventory, users, and associated data. The scope of what's possible when the bulk of the grunt work is handled by an external server rather than local scripts is awe inspiring, comparable to how phone apps behave for cellular devices. Version control, updating, content management, user preferences... the list goes on.

Second Life has recently moved into the direction of building smarter LSL tools for the development of dynamic AI (albeit crude and unrefined without a deeper understanding of true gaming AI). The future of this platform turns the user into less of an observer of a static and predictable grid and more of a participant of an interactive and intuitive world, full of rich AI performing tasks, making decisions, working together, learning and shaping their own evolution, all the while creating a unique experience parallel to what you'd expect to find in most other video games.

My "job" has traditionally been to inspire creativity and realize the dreams of my clients, with a concerted effort to avoid roles such as "merchant" or "salesman". I've created my share of "Second Life millionaires" and helped build equity on a person to person basis with the only desire to keep on working, teaching, and exploring new possabilities as they become available to us. In order to realize my own dream, however, i need the funding to continue working full time here in Second Life. I don't actively promote myself, my work, or my vision.. i've survived almost 6 years by word of mouth and it's been very rewarding.

However, i want in on something big. I'm someone who lives for code optimization, results cacheing, and mind boggling concurrency rates. We're able to do some serious stuff that traditional programmers and game devs can only dream of (or rather have nightmares of), of course this also means you gotta have the hardware to support the load. When you consider the plausibility of thousands of unique, scripted objects acting to serve a single purpose with indecernable accuracy and precision, it begs the question, why arent more developers in on this?

edit: syntax

• 2 months later...

BE WARY OF THIS PERSON

They take money and THATS IT.

I do NOT Expect you to take my word or anyone else- BUT investigate YOURSELF. ASK around- find out the general concensus about how people feel about this "person"

you will find a common theme- he takes your money. He hides behind semantics and you will be OUT of your money.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.