Regarding Meshmaxconcurrentrequest (Disappearing Mesh)

suetabulous Yootz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've recently built a mesh building with a mix of mesh and sculpted furnitures, everyone who can see mesh has no problems viewing the items and build when they teleport to the sim. However, once they teleport out or they try to attach something that is made of mesh, their mesh count gets maxed out. This is also happening to visitors to Mayfair which is a shopping sim fully loaded with mesh.

Currently the default settings for meshconcurrentrequest is very low and unrealistic and for players who dont understand it gets very frustrated as they have to log in and log out constantly to prevent mesh from dissapearing. I'm having this concern as I am building a sim which would consist of multiple mesh objects. So i'm wondering if theres anyway, other than putting up signs and giving out notecards to explain how to increase this setting, which compared to other settings are more difficult to find.

I strongly feel that this setting should be made into one of the main settings where it is more accessible to people who are not so familiar with their viewers. Another possible solution could be reseting it everytime a user teleports, which would help anyone who wants to attach mesh items there and then, but at least it wouldnt affect them when visiting multiple mesh sims. Does anyone know a solution  or have any suggestion to this matter? Also would having lower polycount mesh help at all?

• Like 1

I agree that the setting is set too low as a default. The problem, as you point out, is that (most) people don't know why mesh objects suddenly becomes invisible, or has no way of knowing how to find and change the necessary debug settings. Telling them in a notecard will help, though.

I'm wondering about increasing the default value of the setting. Does it come with some performance penalty? Personally I haven't seen any degredation of performance by setting it far higher than the default, but perhaps there are some issues with it anyway? If not I see no reason not to increase it.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.